11 Mar Tips for Lighting and Choosing the Perfect Light for your Home
Here are some tips for lighting your home and choosing the perfect light for every room in your house:
- With wooden floors or warmer coloured flooring. A warm white light is usually a better option .
- With lighter flooring, a cool white light is the better way to go especially in living areas.
- Kitchens and bathrooms should always have a daylight illumination, because as the name says it is the closest thing we have to the sun that produces a daylight, which is good for food in the kitchen and make up in the bathrooms.
- When you would like to light up a feature, a different coloured light is the best option. So if the room has warm white use day light, or if you have daylight lamps you should use warm white.
- Try not to use daylight lamps outside, especially on driveways, as they tend to give a harsh light. In Alfresco situations it tends to attract more mosquitoes.
- Never install downlights closer than 700mm to a plastered wall as the light shows all the imperfections in the walls, such as the joints and patching.
- Trapeze lighting is another lighting that is not used enough, as is great if you want something different and unique. It has a rugged industrial look.
- LED Strip lighting is very adaptable. It comes in a variety of colours and brightness. For external lighting surface mounted gives a nice bright clean and crisp light. Internal use hidden or covert situations give a nice soft reflective glow.
- Try to purchase the best lighting for your budget as the more economical lighting usually has inferior lamps or LED’s and control devices.
- There is a misconception of the brighter the light the more light you will get for internal situations. You are better off using a light that’s less harsh and more of them. This will give you a more even spread of light, without having harsh bright spots.
Thanks for reading,
1300 169 263