23 September HOW UNDERFLOOR HEATING SYSTEMS WORK AND THE BENEFITS
Posted at 10:40 am in Heating Systems
Most people have air conditioning in their homes and though the temperatures don’t really drop too much even during winter here, there are definitely days on which there is a nip in the air, and if you have tiled flooring, it’s bound to get uncomfortably cold. While heating systems do help solve this problem, many homeowners are now transitioning to radiant heat. This provides very pleasant warmth to your body and feet as it warms the surface of the floor.
These under floor heating systems are suitable for hard floor surfaces such as living rooms, kitchens, entertaining areas, bathrooms etc. Since the air circulation is very gentle, there is a marked reduction in the amount of dust particles that get circulated, it’s a great relief for people that suffer from asthma and allergies.
When you are planning on getting this system installed, it’s important that you hire the services of a well-established and credible company; they will understand what your specific requirements are and then provide you the kind of solutions you need.
HOW UNDERFLOOR HEATING SYSTEMS WORK
This type of heating uses heating cables that are well-embedded in the flooring concrete slab and it provides the right amount of heating. It essentially stores the heat during the night and then slowly releases it during the day and provides continuous warmth.
BENEFITS OF UNDERFLOOR HEATING
- You can choose to get this installation either just for a specific room/s or even for the entire house if you like.
- It’s a very versatile solution and can be installed under all type of flooring such as stone, tiles, carpets and concrete.
- This floor heating is highly economical; this is especially true when it’s connected to the off-peak heating rates.
- It can be very successfully combined with heat pumps. The heat pump can deliver concentrated heat to provide consistent hot water that’s up to 60˚C, even as it feeds the heating system in the floor at a very efficient lower temperature.
- It is a renewable energy heating system that is overall more efficient; it also delivers controlled, constant heat which helps reduce the running costs as well as your carbon footprint.
- Since the system has no moving parts, there isn’t much that can go wrong. If it is installed correctly and has been pressure-tested; any potential leaks will have been identified at the outset and would have been fixed before the system is made functional. This means, you don’t have to deal with any ongoing maintenance costs such as the ones involved in traditional convection heating.
- When you choose to get underfloor heating in your home, it gives you the design flexibility to design the layout of your home in the manner you like. You can also position your furniture exactly where you please and don’t have to worry about any wastage of space on account of radiator installations.
- Most convection heating systems are typically controlled by just a single thermostat. In comparison, the underfloor heating system provides you the option to control the individual rooms using thermostats. It’s possible to program these to meet the demands of specific areas, instead of wasting any energy & money on heating the areas of your property that are typically used far less than others.
As you can see, there are a number of other advantages to getting underfloor heating systems installed. For more information, simply speak with the experts at Allround Electrical and take their advice on various aspects of power factor installation solutions. The number to call is – 1300 169 263. You can also write to us at this email address.
Thanks for reading,
1300 169 263