23 Jun Light Up Your Patio and Garden With these Simple Tips
The alfresco areas on your property may be open-to-the-sky, semi-enclosed or entirely covered. These spaces add to the expanse and functionality of the indoor spaces and make your yard more functional. Having an outdoor feature like a patio or deck is a great way to make optimum use of the outdoor areas on your property.
But you also need to have the right type of lighting systems installed, if you want to use these areas optimally after dark as well. When you are getting your patio designed and installed, it’s a good idea to get the outdoor lighting planned and installed as well.
A skilled and experienced electrician will be able to provide ideas and designs on the type of lighting installations that can be added to your yard spaces. When you have well-illuminated outdoor areas on your property, you are more encouraged to use them and it adds to the safety of your home as well. Here are some tips to light up your patio and garden spaces:
The right type of lighting can have a significant impact on the way the spaces look. Even the most well-designed and well-installed patios and landscapes can look lack-lustre and drab if they aren’t illuminated well. Outdoor lighting is about getting the mood and ambience right. A skilled electrician would be able to advice you on which types of fittings and fixtures, colours, placement and sizes will complement the look of your home and the landscaping. There are a number of different types of light fixtures that can be installed on your patio, such as:
- Lamp posts can be installed along the periphery of the patio.
- If you have a semi-enclosed patio space with a pergola, a retractable roof or even a shade sail installed, you should consider getting hanging lanterns fitted.
- String fairy lights across the patio railing and on any trees and bushes growing in the vicinity of the patio.
- You can get sconces installed on the exterior walls of your home that are adjacent to the patio.
- If you have an outdoor kitchen on you patio, you would need some additional lighting there; you can get recessed lights, under counter and floor level track lighting installed. You can also install accent lighting using pot lights and spot lights at strategic points on and around the patio.
- If you have a waterfall or some other water feature on the patio, adding underwater lights can create a very ethereal ambience in the space. For instance, if you have a pond with Koi fish in them, a few coloured underwater lights can make the space look amazingly beautiful.
- Many homeowners also like to get paver lights installed in the patio flooring and in the pavers installed on the walkways and pathways. These are solar powered fittings and look very charming when they come on after dark.
- If you have some walkways leading away from the patio into the yard, you can get lamp posts installed there as well.
- The garden spaces can also be accentuated with spot lights and floodlights.
- You can light up certain decorative features to create a focal point in the yard.
As you can see, there are a number of different types of lighting that can be added to the patio and garden space to add to their functionality and aesthetics and create the right mood and ambience.
For any questions about outdoor lighting or any of our electrical services, you can consult with our experts and they will provide you the best advice and quotes for all your electrical installation needs. You can call us at 1300 169 263 or write to us at this email address.
Thanks for reading,
1300 169 263