12 June WHY YOU SHOULD GET A FRONT DOOR SECURITY CAMERA FOR YOUR HOME
Burglaries happen even the safest of neighbourhoods, and almost 45% of burglars gain entry to a house or property through the front door. This makes it the most common entry point for thieves and burglars, so you must make sure it is monitored at all times.
Many homeowners have CCTV cameras in the outdoor areas of their homes, but sometimes, there are blind spots where there is no coverage at all. Tech-savvy burglars are quite smart; they can circumvent these cameras in your landscape and gain entry to your home via the front door.
Install a Front Door Security Camera
The best way to improve the security of your property is to install a front door security camera. Modern-day systems operate on smart technology, and you can monitor your property even from a remote location. It gives you some peace of mind that there is some form of protection and you can take action quickly in case you notice something amiss.
All you have to do is download an app onto your smartphone or desktop; you will receive an alert every time someone is at the front door. You can then access a real-time feed from your camera via your desktop app or smartphone.
Front Door Security Cameras – The Benefits
There are numerous benefits to getting a front door security camera installed. Here we take a look at them:
- Deter Burglars – A security camera is proven to be an excellent burglar deterrent as most burglars are opportunists. Consider installing a front door security camera exactly above your front door so that burglars can see it from the yard or street level. This, in itself, will act as a deterrent for them. If you install some more cameras around the front yard that will significantly improve the security levels of your home.
- Monitor Home Deliveries – Since deliveries come in during the daytime, most courier personnel place the package at your front door when they find that no one is at home. But imagine receiving a notification that your package has been delivered…only to come home to nothing. It isn’t uncommon for packages left at front doors to be stolen.
But if you have a front door security camera positioned correctly and pointed at your front door and the entryway it can help you avoid this type of package theft, and you would be able to monitor your deliveries. In case theft occurs, the video footage can help you determine what happened and help track down the package – it becomes a tool to reinforce your courier claims.
- Check Who’s At The Door – One of the best ways to keep you and your family safe when you are at home is to restrict entry to unknown persons. A regular peephole doesn’t help you get a good view of someone outside your door if they are beyond the lens coverage. In contrast, a correctly-placed front door camera can give you a broad view of your porch or entryway, and you can check who is at your door before opening it.
- Check On Your Children Returning From School – Most people are at work when their kids return from school. When you have a front door security camera installed, you can check if they have arrived home safe & sound. Most modern devices send you a detected alert when there is someone at your front door. You then have the option to switch on the Live View mode and make sure your kids have entered the house. Some systems also allow you to speak with them via in-built 2-way audio.
- Keep a check on when babysitters, cleaners and tradespeople come and go – Most professionals know exactly how they can get caught up at work beyond their standard office hours. A front door security camera can prove to be boon for busy people. You can monitor when babysitters and cleaners arrive and leave your home, and pay them for the time they have clocked.
- Peace of Mind – If you hear any suspicious noises at night, you can quickly check the front door security camera’s live view via your smartphone without needing to step out. When you have this camera installed on your property, you have peace of mind and can sleep easy in the knowledge that your home is monitored round the clock.
Opt For the Best CCTV Camera Installations
As mentioned earlier, it’s also a good idea to have multiple security cameras installed on other areas of your property. That’s the best way to cover all your bases. Skilled and experienced CCTV installation professionals like the ones at our company can survey your property and offer their recommendations on where you should place the CCTV cameras for the best and most comprehensive coverage.
Never leave the safety and security of your family and home to chance. Today, there are many security devices you can install to keep your home safe. For any more information about our electrical maintenance services, feel free to contact AllRound Electrical at 1300 169 263. You can also write to us at this email address, and one of our team members will call back shortly.
Thanks for reading,
1300 169 263